City Mom Collective is proud of the work our
Sister Sites are doing to connect moms in their communities nationwide.
About DC Area Moms
We are here to support and encourage moms in the DC area. We are a collaborative parenting website for moms in and around the Washington, DC area. We feature relevant resources, must-do activities with kids, local parenting tips, and offer a book club, playdates, and events for moms.
What Every Mom Should Know About
DC Area Moms
1. DC is a big city, while also being a small town. After living here, you’ll realize how common it is to see familiar faces.
2. DC has tons of free events and activities for children. Our site shares gobs of things to do here as a family.
3. DC celebrates diversity in lots of ways. Every person is welcomed as they are and there are lots of niche communities to get involved with.
4. DC is also known as the DMV (DC, Maryland, and Virginia). The DC area is truly a tri-state web. One person may live in Maryland, ride the Metro through DC and work in Virginia.
5. There is history galore in DC. This goes without saying, but living in DC is living in a tourist spot. We have some of the best monuments, museums, parks, etc. in the nation.
DC Area Moms In the Community
We recently hosted Bloom and had a blast. Moms felt pampered and it was great to feature businesses that care about supporting moms and families.
What do you love most about being a Sister Site Owner?
I truly love our contributor team, executive team, readers, and local businesses. It is an honor to serve and connect with moms in meaningful, useful ways. We exist to help make moms’ lives a little easier in DC and make our area seem a little more accessible.