City Mom Collective is proud of the work our
Sister Sites are doing to connect moms in their communities nationwide.
About Des Moines Moms
Des Moines Mom is a hyper-local, community based resource for moms living in the Des Moines area.
We offer relevant, timely, fun information in order to connect and support local Moms (and others) in Des Moines and its surrounding communities. We want to become your central source of resources, friendships, local events, and more!
Whether you’re a seasoned mom, young mom, soon-to-be, or hope-to-be mom, we hope you’ll find something here to encourage YOU!
-Co-Owners Kara Knaack & Andrea Cooley
Why WE Love Des Moines
1) Des Moines is a big small town. Somehow we all manage to be interrelated and connected, which helps foster the sense of community we all love about our city.
2) Iowa State Fair corn dogs are the absolute best!
3) Whether you live in the heart of Des Moines or in one of the surrounding suburbs, there are fantastic parks located everywhere.
4) Adventure Passes through your local library are a great way to visit local attractions on a budget!
5) We have fantastic, family-friendly, seasonal attractions all year-round, from strawberry picking in the spring, live music at wineries in the summer, pumpkins and apples in the fall, and ice skating in the winter. There is always something to do!
Des Moines Moms in The Community
Des Moines Mom received an honorable mention Hashie award in 2019 for our Real Mom Bods campaign. At Des Moines Mom, we celebrate real moms, stretchmarks and all. That’s why we were so excited to partner with Kate Wagner of Lidgett clothing and Haverlee photography to highlight positive body image. We asked our contributors to take a risk and pose in a swimsuit and share why they are proud of their real mom bods. Their photos and responses continue to be inspiring!
What do you love most about being a Sister Site Owner?
I love being a site owner because it allows me to connect great women to great businesses in this great community we live in – Des Moines! There is no place I would rather live and raise my family.
As a single mom, being a site owner gives me the flexibility to work from home and be available for my kids while also providing for our family. I am passionate about building community, sharing local resources, and creating a space for moms to be encouraged.