City Mom Collective is proud of the work our
Sister Sites are doing to connect moms in their communities nationwide.
About Green Bay Area Mom
Green Bay Area Mom is a local parenting resource for the Green Bay and Appleton areas. We specialize in local events, guides, positive parenting support and advice, and connections with local businesses and resources that make a mom’s life easier. We are THE place to go when looking for things to do and places to go in Green Bay and Appleton.
What Every Mom Should Know About
Green Bay Area Mom
1. We are home of the Green Bay Packers! Life revolves around the Packers. GO PACK GO!
2. Green Bay is a small town feel with big city amenities. You know your neighbors, we all help dig each other out of the snow, and waving at each other is a given.
3. It’s called a bubbler and soda. We’re adamant about it.
4. Booyah is a unique dish in Green Bay. It’s basically chicken soup, but better. Our local baseball team is even named the Green Bay Booyah!
5. Green Bay and Appleton are the best family-friendly cities around! We have parks, lakes, sports, museums, arts centers, Bay Beach Amusement park (where the tickets are only 25 cents each and no ride is more than 4 tickets), waterfalls, hiking, wildlife sanctuaries, a zoo, farmers markets, and excellent schools.
6. We have long, cold winters, but it makes us love our summers even more! You get to experience all the seasons fully in Green Bay, sometimes all in the same week.
7. Deer, cranes, and turkeys are common additions to the streets, yards, parks, and farm fields – both in the city and in the country.
8. The Bay and the Fox River offer great boating and fishing. The Fox River is also one of the few rivers in the world that runs north.
9. Traffic is almost non-existent, but we still complain about going all the way over to the east side (or west side) of town. It’s maybe 20 minutes away, but it’s just. so. far.
10. We are Titletown USA. We love our Green Bay Packers. Yes, we had to mention it twice. We are the only community-owned professional football team. Even though the stock has no monetary value, we’re proud stock-holders. Many people often put their children on the waitlist for season tickets on the day they are born and they still may never get the opportunity to receive them.
Green Bay Area Mom in The Community
Our Mama’s Night event was our most successful event to date! We celebrated having a night out just for us with signature drinks, appetizers, and amazing desserts in an absolutely gorgeous venue. We connected moms with local businesses for shopping and great information. We helped a nonprofit raise money to support their amazing work for families in our community. And best of all, we had a ridiculous amount of giveaways courtesy of amazing local businesses! Oh, and we should mention that the swag bags were incredible as well.
What do you love most about being a Sister Site Owner?
We love hearing from Moms in our community that the things we’re doing, the resources we’re providing, or the events we’re hosting are exactly what they needed. We love sharing the hidden gems in our community and helping Moms understand they are not alone!
-Amanda Lawniczak and Jennifer Birschbach