City Mom Collective is proud of the work our
Sister Sites are doing to connect moms in their communities nationwide.
About Houston Moms
Houston Moms is the number one voice for parents in Houston. We seek to encourage, equip, inspire, engage, and love on moms from all different walks of life, backgrounds, and stages of life. We publish fresh content 5-7 days a week from a team of 35+ contributing writers with both personal stories and a plethora of hyperlocal guides to help natives and visitors alike navigate our great city. Our authenticity sets us apart from the masses.
-Co-Owners Meagan Clanahan & Jarred King
Why WE Love Houston
1) Houston moms are STRONG. We have proved resiliency year after year in dealing with tremendous natural disasters like Hurricane Harvey. It has shaped us, shaken us, but it has not broken us.
2) We are one of the most diverse and culturally rich cities in the nation. Get out and enjoy beyond your bubble!
3) Texans and Astros. That’s what you need to know.
4) Get ready to RODEO! We do it up big in Houston and rodeo is no exception. You may want to purchase a pair of boots or three, and definitely grab some western wear for February & March for your littles.
5) Traffic is horrific. HORRIFIC. If you have an appointment or somewhere to be with your kiddo, allow yourself a minimum of 20 extra minutes to get to your destination. Pack snacks.
6) That said, Houston is often thought of as a maze of concrete – there is SO much more, y’all. So much nature, amazing hiking trails, parks to explore, and even a handful of state parks within a 90-minute driving distance or less from the city.
7) Houston is huge. Even in 16 years of living here, I am still discovering new things, which is why I love it so, so very much.
Houston Moms in The Community
Cookies with Santa is our most popular event in Houston. It is truly something that our following and our staff look forward to every year. Even when Covid forced a pivot last year to hosting one in-person, we were able to festively distribute cookies, wonderful swag, crafts, and more, plus host an online Santa event to meet the Big Guy himself. We look forward to hosting an in-person event this year and allowing families to make memories with a special photo session, cookie decorating, Santa letter drop-off, and other fun surprises!
What do you love most about being a Sister Site Owner?
Houston can feel so overwhelmingly large and disconnected. I love the opportunity to bring together moms from all over our great city and help this motherhood journey in Houston feel less lonely and a lot more fun. I love that our site is truly a voice for Houston Moms and reaches an incredibly diverse audience with integrity, compassion, wit, and ultimate respect for motherhood.
I love the opportunity to support Houston’s amazing moms through engaging content, a community-building platform, and experiences. Not only are the 50,000+ moms in our community enriched through the content, the contributors and team making it possible are such an inspiration. I was raised by a single mom and saw firsthand the sacrifices she made for my sister and me. It’s an honor to play a small role in the lives of all those amazing moms out there!